Mailgun is a great e-mail validation API that we once recommended and used. However, the recent decision by Mailgun to turn on the pricing switch has eroded a lot of its loyal users’ trust and confidence. Existing users are searching for alternatives to Mailgun for a cheaper and better solution. We were in a similar boat and hopped on to another e-mail validation service called Mailboxlayer which turned out to be very unreliable. This prompted us to create a new product in-house that will be far more superior than any e-mail validation API in the market with fair pricing. Thus, DEVA (Dilli Email Validation API) was born.
DEVA is a simple API to determine if a given e-mail address is invalid without sending a verification e-mail to the owner. Some of the factors used to determines validity of an e-mail address are as follows :
- Format Validation : DEVA ensures that e-mail address is valid. Ex : e-mail addresses with missing @ are not valid.
- MX Records’ Existence : DEVA validates that MX records exist for the domain tied to the e-mail address.
- ESP (Email Service Provider) Grammar Rules: Ex : @yahoo.com e-mails cannot have user part less than 4 characters. We learn new ESP grammar rules every now and then and incorporate into our validation algorithm.
- Profanity Check : This is a distinguishing feature of DEVA. It checks e-mail addresses for profanities and marks them invalid if found. Ex : firstname.lastname@example.org may be a valid e-mail address but is marked invalid by DEVA because no sane person would use that.
- Patterns : There are countless patterns we discovered while validating over 50,000 e-mails every month for our clients that are obviously invalid e-mails. Ex : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc. DEVA is constantly learning and building up the black listed patterns as our user base grows.
- Blacklisted Domains : Ex: example.com is reserved and can’t be used in practice. Therefore, all e-mails having this domain are marked invalid by DEVA.
DEVA is available at a simple Pricing of $0.005/validation for as many validations.
1000 e-mail validations will cost $8 with Mailgun but only $5 with DEVA.
To read more about DEVA including usage, testimonials and getting started, follow the link below :